No, I'm really quite broken.
I'm like a million little pieces of tiles laying in a pile.
It's funny, because for years I have always sung that song "Change My Heart oh God" from Vineyard music.
The lyrics are simple:
Change my heart oh God, make it ever true
Change my heart of God, may I be like You
You are the potter, I am the clay
Mold me and make me, this is what I pray!
I have always sung this looking towards God as the master Potter.
I've always thought of myself as this ever moldable piece of clay, always being shaped and molded.
In my mind I wasn't ever finished, so I could never be put in the kiln and set on a mantle.
The more that I pray about it lately though, the more that I see that we all start out as a brilliant clay pot, but this life and this world can sometimes break us.
In fact, I think God wants us to come to Him and be completely broken.
I wasn't prepared for that revelation.
Perhaps I should say that my PRIDE wasn't ready for that revelation.
But that really didn't matter because God was ready for me to have that revelation.
I really didn't want to be a giant pile of broken tiles laying on the floor.
...///until\\\...
Until I realized that this giant pile of broken tiles on the floor could be turned into something greater than dust. That pile on the floor was indeed a mosaic. A mosaic that can only be put together by the handiwork of God.
***
mo•sa•ic [mo-zey-ik] (noun):
1) a picture or decoration made of small,
usually colored pieces of inlaid stone, glass, tile, etc.
2) the process of producing such a picture.
***
We are all these amazing mosaics. We all have our own story to tell and our own place in time that we are supposed to belong. The question is: where? how? when? and why?
The answers are given to us by the softly spoken words from the Creator as He continues to work on us every day. It says in Genesis 1 that "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
He created.
And He continues to create.
Every piece God picks up is filled with another life lesson.
My first life lesson?
:::. Love .:::
Stick with me. I will be sharing my life lesson on love in the coming days.

No comments:
Post a Comment